If you have lost some or all of your teeth, there are various replacement options available, such as complete dentures and partial dentures. If you don’t like the look and feel of these more traditional denture options, consider getting denture implants. In Edmonton, A & B Denture Clinic Ltd. offers denture implants to help you have a secure and long term tooth loss solution.
Types of Denture Implants
Dental implants are titanium posts that are fused to your jawbone and act as roots to your replacement teeth. When it comes to denture implants, there are several options available to you, including:
- Locator attachment: Using 2 or more dental implants, locator attachment dentures use special attachments to secure a customized denture that can be removed for cleaning.
- Ball and o-ring attachment: Using 2 or 3 implants, ball and o-ring attachment dentures have abutments on which the denture snaps into place, allowing the denture to be removed for cleaning.
- Bar and clip attachment: Using 4 dental implants, bar and clip attachment dentures have a customized bar that attaches to the implants. The denture is designed with clips to secure over the bar and can also be removed for cleaning.
- Fixed detachable denture: Using 5 or 6 dental implants, fixed detachable dentures connect directly to implants and can only be removed by a dental professional.
- Fixed implant bridge: Using 8, 10 or 12 implants, fixed implant bridges use standard abutments with crowns cemented onto the implants as one piece. This option more closely resembles the look and feel of natural teeth and virtually eliminates bone loss. However, they are not removable.
For a stable and long term solution to your tooth loss, contact A & B Denture Clinic Ltd. today to learn more about denture implants in Edmonton.